Where We Are

Where We Are

Friday 15 May 2015

socks are where its at.....

I am on a mission with socks. Every few years I give hand knitted socks to my family as Christmas gifts. Every year I start knitting early but every year I seem to end up knitting in a mad rush, frantically picking up stitches and turning heels in a wild frenzy until by January I'm a burnt out mess with tangled yarn and an inability to count stitches.

Not this year. This year I am starting EARLY! 

Well that's what I thought....in the past 5 weeks I have knitted five pairs of socks. Yes that's right. FIVE pairs of socks! The plan is to fill up a box of handmade goodies for the holidays that I can happily hand out as gifts minus all the stress and last minute hoo-ha! 

But then I had to send a pair to my lovely co-blogger so she could see what I was talking about (see earlier pic). Then a second pair, made from a stunning Bluefaced Leicester yarn, went to a beautiful friend for their birthday. Then a third I managed to stash in the box without anyone seeing. However, the fourth pair were nabbed by my daughter, pretty much straight from the needles. The final pair, gorgeous dove grey super soft alpaca, went for a birthday present to my lovely son in law.

Sadly I didn't even get time to take a photo of any of them to show you.   

I think I might have needed to start knitting for Christmas earlier. In secret. Under the covers. With the lights out. Then no one can see them and go 'oohh they're nice. Can I have have a pair of them?'

Am off to cast on again....sshhhh! Don't tell anyone. It's a secret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment