Where We Are

Where We Are

Monday 15 June 2015

Shawls, Oh My!

Hi Maya,

Sorry I have taken so long to respond to your last two posts.  I, too, began (and finished) not one, but two shawls.  The first one I made is from the delicious cotton you sent me.  I did it on straight needles....huge mistake as it was heavy and crammed on there pretty tightly.  It has little picots around the edge, which you were right, not difficult at all.
Unfortunately, it is summer here in the good ol' U S of A and I won't be wearing this anytime soon. And also, this picture is lame from when I was blocking it, but you get the gist.  Don't look too closely or you'll see my mistakes.  But, for a virgin shawl knitter, I'm pretty darn proud!  :)  You can find this pattern here.

This is my second shawl.  I started it on Friday and finished yesterday, so it was a quick knit.  Maybe because I used my brain and did it on circular needles!?  Again, don't inspect too closely.  Apparently I like small 'shawlettes' rather than the larger actual shawl size, but again, we'll have to wait and see in the fall.  Since I will be moving to Lubbock soon (fingers crossed), I wont' be needing these for awhile.  But the first is cotton, and the second is fairly airy, so you never know.  You can find the pattern for this one here.  I'm sending you to her blog post about it rather than the Ravelry page, because she is funny and you should explore her blog.  Of course, she is no longer blogging.  I have discovered that a lot lately, and it makes me sad.  I find someone's blog by accident, and read away, then click on the home button to get the latest entry and it's from two years ago.  :(  Oh well.

THIS is a gorgeous yarn and project.  The yarn is Drops Alaska in dark purple mix.  Oh my!  I love purple!  Heliotrope! Amaranthine! Violet! Plum! Periwinkle! Orchid! Mulberry! Bruises!  Oh, okay, maybe not bruises, but you get the idea.  
This is a shrug pattern that can be found here.  Isn't it great!?  It might take me awhile since I'm going to be doing stockinette stitch for about a year.  You know me and my ADHD, but I do love the purple and that it's so neat and tidy, so maybe that will keep me motivated.  Since this is worsted weight wool, I definitely won't need it until the winter.  Hopefully I'll have it done by then.  

As you can see, knitting has taken over and I have not worked on my POD at all.  But, hopefully when I get settled I will be able to more easily pull it all out.  

Hope you're well my sweet friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment