Where We Are

Where We Are

Thursday 16 July 2015

A little more knitting

hello Dearest Friend,

What are you up to? I know you are getting ready for you big move and new job...how exciting for you, and a little scary as well. I think you are very brave.

I have been doing nothing brave, but have been a little creative. It was my friends 84th Birthday so i decided to knit her a shawl. She is such an amazing woman and so full of life. She tells great stories and has lived through so much, fascinating woman and always very kind to me. My childrens adopted Grandma. and every Grandma should have a shawl. I took up my stash of wool to show here the lovely colours. I love having balls of wool in a fruit bowl in my bedroom...colours so yumy i could eat them. 

Add caption
She was particularly taken with some pink chunky  Drops Big Delight in Rose Garden  Its an Aran weight, very soft 100% wool. It knits up beautifully. I kinda worked out a variation of the previous shawl i had made but added some more stitch patterns. I tried knitting 'flowers in a row' . I found great patten instructions at knittingunlimited. The video was a great help.  For a first attempt it didn't come out too bad and I am definitely going to incorporate it into  other things i work on. I also used a yarn over twice dropped stitch pattern as well asn simple eyelets with garter stitch in between. Have become addicted to picot edges...may have to add them to everything. i will try to get around to writing out the pattern in full but i probably wont remember.  


Here it is..all blocked. Friend was very very happy 

Inspired by the Doctor Who face clothes you made me I made up some little lace face cloths in a lovely cotton silk i had in my stash...there will be for another friends birthday at the end of the month. The ones you sent me are so lovely to use. i wanted to share with everyone the cute dish towels you made me too...
Darlek dish clothes...you are a genius . 

That's all for now. hugs to you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment